Monday, December 17, 2012

"Revived" by Cat Patrick



So, a while ago I went to Waterstones and found a book called "Revived" by Cat Patrick. The title caught my eye and I thought "what the hell, I think I might like that book". It took me less than two days to finish. (The book is a bit over 300 pages long)
The main character is an unordinary high school student named Daisy West. She has died five times and has always been brought back to life by this cutting edge medicine called "revive". Daisy has made a promise not to tell about this top secret-programm to anybody. Once again she moves to a different state with her fake parents and goes to a new school. She becomes friends with one of the most beautiful girls in her school. Audrey is nice, caring and funny — everything one could ask for a friend to be. Daisy has also a crush on Audrey's brother Matt who is adorable, sweet and good-looking. She and Matt start to spend more and more time together after Daisy finds out what's wrong with Audrey. They start to plan a future together, despite all the horrible incidents along the way.
"Revived" made me think about today's world and our morals. What could we do to help the world become more equal? I guess it's a long way to go. The book also made me cry at times and even though I already know this, it reminded me not to take anything for granted. Life is such a fragile thing.
All in all I think "Revived" has a good amount of romance, sadness and action. It has a fresh plot since most of the YA books I've read over the past year have all been about extraordinary guys and dystopian worlds. In this one the girl is unusual and tries to fit in to the normal world. She has never had any problems hiding her secret before but I guess what Patrick tries to tell us is when you grow up, you start questioning everything you once thought was right. You grow into your own right and wrong.

I'd recommed this book to anyone who hasn't read anything but dystopian books in a while. "Revived" is a nice change.


-M

No comments:

Post a Comment