Friday, January 18, 2013

I wanted to read this for so long: Legend by Marie Lu

I heard people buzzing about Marie Lu's dystopian novel Legend a good while ago - that's why I thought I really needed to pick it up. I went to the biggest bookstore in Helsinki - and guess what, surprisingly, I found it!
The cover already lets you know the main character is serious about her mission(I read the UK-version). I kind of expected this one to be similar to the Hunger Games but I was somewhat wrong.

June lives in a society whose government trains people to become warriors(I wouldn't call them agents, they are taught violent abilities). She has scored the best result in her test. Her brother is a commander and they live in riches.

Day is the governments most wanted criminal. He has killed June's brother(or so they think). He tries to help his family out of poverty and sickness. He meets June by accident - and of course neither of them knows who the other one is.

After June meets Day, she starts to question the governments acts. She finds out she didn't even know her brother - or atleast not like she thought she did. June and Day start to put the pieces together and even June realizes what is going on. They start a rebellion against the unfair and cruel government. Is it too late for June to save Day and his people?

You will have to read it to find out:)

In my opinion Legend is easily read at one sitting. I'd recommend this one to YA-readers and possibly a bit younger ones as well.

-M



No comments:

Post a Comment