Friday, April 19, 2013

She has the killer touch: Shatter me by Tahereh Mafi

Hi! Long time no posts - no worries, been reading alot. Here is a little preview-ish post and thoughts for you:

The latest thing I gave my soul to was Tahereh Mafi's Shatter me. In my opinion Mafi has created some unforgettable characters! The plot is pretty simple; Juliette is a prisoner of the Reestablishment and she has a condition she has born with, her touch hurts and she can accidentally kill people with it.
A soldier is recruited to live in the same space with her 24/7. For Juliette's amusement she knows the soldier - he's Adam! They went to school together and he was the only one who dared to care for her. Does he remember her?
Juliette is amazed by the fact that Adam can touch her without feeling pain. So does someone else. How will they escape their cruel destinies? What is James going to do? What about Warner?

My facts:
Favourite character: Kenji
Character I think is going to evolve alot in the next books: Warner
Most predictable character: Adam (and Juliette)
Sweetest character: James



p.s. Got the 2nd one in the series Unravel me on mail today!

-M

No comments:

Post a Comment